Bay Broadcasting is one of Ireland’s most exciting radio groups and the home of Radio Nova, Ireland’s Classic Hits Radio and Sunshine 106.8. We employ a team of 55 across multiple departments with a strong focus of programming, innovation, commercial and digital / social. We’re based at Castleforbes House in Dublin’s iconic Docklands area.
We are now seeking an experienced radio professional who will work alongside our sales, programming, marketing and operations team. Reporting to the Operations Director you will work closely on our social media channels, liaise with our commercial and programming teams on sponsorship and promotions, manage the day-to-day front of house office and administration function of our companies.
You will be a confident, enthusiastic team player, collaborating with the wider team, including commercial and programming departments, to drive audience and social growth, maintain efficiency in general operations and help us meet our corporate objectives.
You will have a good appreciation and understanding of the tone and personality of our radio brands and the ability to capture that in social media output. Ideally, you will also have a good knowledge of the radio and entertainment industry and possess creative ideas on how brands like Radio Nova, Ireland’s Classic Hits Radio and Sunshine 106.8 grow our appeal to our audiences in Dublin and nationwide.
This is an exciting role for an experienced professional, allowing you the creative scope to build on an already highly engaged and loyal social and on-air audience.
In this exciting and fast-paced role, you will:
As a key member of the Radio Nova, Ireland’s Classic Hits Radio and Sunshine 106.8, you will
- Work closely with the brand, video, design, on-air and commercial teams to develop a consistent and high standard of social content output
- Create daily lifestyle and entertainment articles for Nova.ie and Classichits.ie ensuring content is capturing events and news happening in Dublin, Cork, Limerick & Galway
- Collaborate with on-air content teams to create and repurpose radio content rapidly to our online channels and manage presenters in participating in this
- Act as guardian of our social media channels with ownership of the content planning, scheduling, daily calendar, and distribution plan for our social channels striking a perfect balance between original and user generated content with the ability to react at short notice
- Support the radio stations when required on outside broadcasts or special events when called upon which may require work outside normal office hours
- Assist with Sponsorship & Promotions Calendar
- Support company operations by maintaining office efficiency, office management, telephone answering, handling of incoming and outgoing deliveries including stationary, prizes and listener communication.
- Communication with clients and listeners via email, telephone and in person.
- Manage the front of house experience from beginning to end for all visitors, staff and contractors. Provide a friendly and professional reception service, which is representative of our brands. Acting as the first point of contact to all staff, visitors and callers to the station, ensuring they have a consistently smooth experience.
- Supervise health and safety requirements day to day and ensure all our legal and business requirements are met.
- Manage prize winners on behalf of our stations, maintaining an accurate database and ensuring prizes are handled according to our prize terms and conditions.
- The ability to communicate effectively, with attention to detail and the ability to manage a busy workload in a time-pressured environment
- Great team working skills, and the ability to support as needed.
- A real passion for radio and the brands you’re working with
- Outstanding project management and organisational skills including understanding of outlook calendar, Microsoft Teams, and diary scheduling management
- Technical knowledge and experience of social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and YouTube
- 2 years plus experience managing office functions
- Ability to edit ‘on-the-go’ with various apps – for the purposes of posting to social channels
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills delivering engaging social post copy and longer form articles
- Experience using digital analytics suites e.g. Google Analytics and scheduling tools e.g. Echobox
- Knowledge of Facebook Business Manager & Twitter for Business required – TikTok for business experience welcomed
- Video editing, graphic design and animation skills are desirable
- Experience of executing targeted paid-social campaigns
- Experience of CMS (content management systems) or similar for website posting
- Knowledge of media copyright desirable
- Be comfortable collaborating with colleagues working across the business on a knowledge sharing and workflow improvement basis
- A solid knowledge of radio brands and products
- A strong sense of what content will engage our audiences
- Good organisational skills and the ability to forward plan
- A strong work ethic and desire to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- A creative mind and quick wit!
- Brilliant attention to detail and the ability to work within a busy and dynamic environmentTo apply, email [email protected].